What We Believe
We at Calvary Chapel Central Oahu firmly believe that great doctrines of historic Christianity as they are revealed in the Bible.
1. We believe that whole Bible to be the inspired, inerrant Word of God. (authoritative for daily life without error in the original writings).
2. We believe there is one God, infinite, eternal, and immutable. He is the Creator, Sustainer, and Governor of all things. He exists in three persons ~ Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in: The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God who became man, without ceasing to be God; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary death for our sins; His bodily resurrection, ascension and second coming.
4. We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by practice, being alienated by God; man is unable to remedy his lost condition in and of himself.
5. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Those who have so trusted Christ are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and enabled to live a Godly life through submission to Him.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit that the Holy Spirit is a person. He is God and possesses all the divine attributes. He indwells all believers, baptizes, imparts gifts (Charismata) as He wills and fills them in response to confession of sin and yieldedness.
7. We believe unconfessed sin and an unrepentant heart brings interruption in fellowship with God, bringing the loving discipline of the Heavenly Father.
8. We believe in the church of Jesus Christ as the Body of the True Believers Universal, called out by the Holy Spirit, espoused to the Bride of Christ.
9. We believe in the personal, imminent, and premillenial return of Jesus Christ to establish His Kingdom.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost ~ the saved unto eternal life and ~ the lost unto eternal judgement.